Episode 156: Cloud DBs with Natalia Venditto
Natalia Venditto helps us understand databases in 2021 with conversations about which databases to use, the arrival of databases in the cloud, stories of good database decisions, and how to deal with relational integrity.
Recording date: 10/01/2021
John Papa @John_Papa
Ward Bell @WardBell
Dan Wahlin @DanWahlin
Craig Shoemaker @craigshoemaker
Natalia Venditto @anfibiacreativa
Brought to you by
- 01:43 Guest introduction
- 03:36 How do you think about databases in 2021?
- 09:27 Sponsor: Ag Grid
- 10:30 How do you break out various databases and when to use them?
- 17:41 Databases in the cloud
- 20:26 Stories of successful database decisions
- 25:03 Sponsor: Ionic
- 25:48 What kinds of issues did you have?
- 28:51 Do we evolve past data schemas?
- 36:01 What about relational integrity?
- 38:33 When should I choose to go with MongoDB?
- 41:16 Final thoughts
Podcast editing on this episode done by Chris Enns of Lemon Productions.