Episode 165: Setting up Enterprise Frontend for Success
Alex Okrushko talks with us about his recommended 9 ways to setting app development up for front end success, including monorepos, feature flagging, trunk based development, better PRs, automatic help, testing, feature plans, and daily releases.
Recording date: Dec 16, 2021
John Papa @John_Papa
Ward Bell @WardBell
Dan Wahlin @DanWahlin
Craig Shoemaker @craigshoemaker
Alex Okrushko @alexokrushko
Brought to you by
- 00:56 Guest introduction
- 03:18 What's the benefit to setting apps up for front end success?
- 08:31 Team communication
- 09:39 Sponsor: Ag Grid
- 10:43 Don't silo your teams
- 13:21 Why do I need monorepos?
- 16:49 Why is feature flagging important?
- 19:17 How do you start creating feature flags?
- 23:01 What is trunk based development?
- 32:09 Setting expectations for PRs
- 34:45 Sponsor: IdeaBlade
- 35:47 What is automatic help?
- 37:42 Testing and quality
- 39:34 Are there different areas of an app that need more testing?
- 42:34 New feature plans
- 45:59 Daily releases
Podcast editing on this episode done by Chris Enns of Lemon Productions.