Episode 182: GitHub Actions with Lars Gyrup Brink Nielsen
Lars Gyrup Brink Nielsen gives a introduction to GitHub Actions, including what GitHub Actions are, how they differ from web hooks, how you glue GitHub Actions together, what languages work best with GitHub Actions, and some use case ideas for GitHub Actions.
Recording date: 04/14/2002
John Papa @John_Papa
Ward Bell @WardBell
Dan Wahlin @DanWahlin
Craig Shoemaker @craigshoemaker
Lars Gyrup Brink Nielsen @LayZeeDK
Brought to you by
- 01:21 Guest introduction
- 01:58 What is GitHub Actions?
- 04:14 How do Actions differ from Web Hooks?
- 05:55 Sponsor: Ag Grid
- 06:57 How do you glue together GitHub Actions?
- 09:44 What languages work best for GitHub Actions?
- 14:46 How did you get into working with GitHub Actions?
- 21:58 Where are GitHub Actions happening?
- 24:32 Sponsor: Ionic
- 25:10 What are common use cases for GitHub Actions?
- 27:17 What are the strangest GitHub Actions?
- 35:37 What is GitOps?
- 43:28 Final thoughts
Podcast editing on this episode done by Chris Enns of Lemon Productions.