Episode 188: Wearing a Vest is In Style, with Evyatar Alush
Evyatar Alush joins us to talk about Vest, a declarative validations framework. What are some of the main features of Vest? How would someone do an async validation? What prompted Evyatar to build Vest? How do you enforce conditional validations?
Recording date: Mar 19, 2022
John Papa @John_Papa
Ward Bell @WardBell
Dan Wahlin @DanWahlin
Craig Shoemaker @craigshoemaker
Evyatar Alush @evyataral
Brought to you by
- 00:47 Dan's short story about shorts
- 02:34 Guest introduction
- 03:22 What is the Vest validations framework?
- 08:29 Sponsor: Ag Grid
- 09:30 What are some of the main features of Vest?
- 12:44 How would someone do an async validation?
- 15:14 How do you see the results?
- 19:14 What prompted you to build Vest?
- 20:48 Sponsor: IdeaBlade
- 21:56 How do you enforce conditional validations?
- 27:12 How would you use Vest in an asynchronous scenario?
- 30:07 Final thoughts
Podcast editing on this episode done by Chris Enns of Lemon Productions.