Episode 190: Building Apps with Capacitor, React Native or Flutter with Thomas Vidas
Thomas Vidas talks with us about Capaciator - how it differs from React Native or Flutter, what Capacitor gives you access to on the device, what the developer experience is like with Capacitor, and compelling reasons to consider using Capacitor on your next project.
Recording date: June 2, 2022
John Papa @John_Papa
Ward Bell @WardBell
Dan Wahlin @DanWahlin
Craig Shoemaker @craigshoemaker
Thomas Vidas @ThomasVidas
Brought to you by
- 00:52 Ward's belt phone
- 03:26 Guest introduction
- 05:58 What is capacitor?
- 07:14 Mobile first or web first development
- 07:59 Sponsor: Ag Grid
- 08:59 How does Capacitor differentiate itself?
- 14:22 Does Capacitor give you access to the device?
- 18:19 Sponsor: IdeaBlade
- 19:20 What is developer experience like for Capacitor?
- 21:03 How much is Capacitor?
- 27:11 What's the compelling reason to use Capacitor?
- 31:45 Final thoughts
Podcast editing on this episode done by Chris Enns of Lemon Productions.