Episode 204: Wolves, Cats, and Dogs...and The Google Cloud Platform
Katerina Skroumpelou joins us to talk about her experiences using the Google Cloud platform to build apps quickly and easily, including how it handles data, authentication, hosting, and more!
Recording date: 9/15/2022
John Papa @John_Papa
Ward Bell @WardBell
Dan Wahlin @DanWahlin
Craig Shoemaker @craigshoemaker
Katerina Skroumpelou on Twitter https://twitter.com/psybercity
Brought to you by
- 00:49 Topic introduction
- 02:03 Guest introduction
- 05:57 What drew you to Google Cloud?
- 07:45 Sponsor: Ag Grid
- 08:46 What was the app you created for a friend?
- 10:37 How did you do authentication and hosting?
- 17:14 How quickly is data updated?
- 23:48 What pain goes away because you can use functions?
- 25:33 Sponsor: IdeaBlade
- 26:32 How does Firebase handle authentication?
- 28:44 How do you deploy your project?
- 36:32 Final thoughts
Podcast editing on this episode done by Chris Enns of Lemon Productions.