Episode 224: Starting a Company as a Technical Founder with Sam Artioli
Sam Artioli talks with us about his new startup, Tredder, and the advice he has for others considering starting their own business based on his experiences across multiple ventures.
Recording date: Feb 23rd, 2023
John Papa @John_Papa
Ward Bell @WardBell
Dan Wahlin @DanWahlin
Craig Shoemaker @craigshoemaker
Sam Artioli @SamArtioli
Brought to you by
- 02:32 Guest introduction
- 08:06 How do you know when to jump on an idea?
- 11:49 Sponsor: Ag Grid
- 12:51 Working with a partner
- 17:27 What is Tredder?
- 18:39 Sizing the market
- 22:20 Building a business can be like playing poker
- 25:58 How do you protect yourself legally and payroll?
- 27:42 Sponsor: IdeaBlade
- 28:48 How do you determine success or failure in a startup?
- 33:23 Be prepared for the unprepared
- 35:50 Final thoughts
Podcast editing on this episode done by Chris Enns of Lemon Productions.