Episode 260: Reach for the Sky with AI UI - with Mike Ryan
Mike Ryan talks with us about AI and UI, how to think about integrating AI in your apps in a way that respects your users, how to deal with overconfident AI, and thoughts on running a LLM locally.
Recording date: Nov 2, 2023
Brought to you by
- 00:28 Welcome
- 01:01 Introducing Mike Ryan
- 02:17 Is AI over hyped?
- 07:47 Sponsor: Ag Grid
- 08:46 The illusion of AI can be easily broken
- 10:21 What AI is really good at
- 13:57 How do LLM produce the right summary?
- 24:42 Sponsor: IdeaBlade
- 25:40 Have you tried different LLMs?
- 27:47 Why do people need to run an LLM locally?
- 37:29 It's about testing and trust
- 39:32 How do you understand LLM's confidence in an answer
- 43:04 Final thoughts
Podcast editing on this episode done by Chris Enns of Lemon Productions.