Episode 267: Business Strategy for Developers
Do you think about what your strategy is in your role either as an employee or as a business owner? How do you know when to focus on what's in front of you vs other shiny objects you could be working on? And when is it best to work solo on an idea, and when should you bring in collaborators or teammates?
Recording date: Jan 18, 2024
Brought to you by
- 00:28 Is business strategy fun? Boring?
- 03:42 Bad things happen when I'm doing something the business doesn't want
- 06:39 How do you shift your own thinking around the business or customer goal?
- 11:44 Sponsor: Ag Grid
- 12:51 What would happen if you didn't finish what you're working on?
- 22:24 Sponsor: IdeaBlade
- 23:26 What is your succession plan for your role at the business?
- 28:37 If you want to fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together
- 33:44 Final thoughts
Podcast editing on this episode done by Chris Enns of Lemon Productions.